This is a firefox extension to help find directions on Google Maps based on your selected text and one of various home addresses. You can manage various 'home addresses' and find directions from one of your home addresses to the selected addresses by right-clicking on that selected address. You can also use the search engines you select in the upper-right corner of Firefox (as of release 3.1.4 you can enable/dislable this in the preferences dialog).
igdirections is a bookmarklet that
allows you to have GDirections on your iPhone. Also, allows you
to choose from car, public transit, walking, or camel.
- You have the option whether to use the search plugins.
- Works with Thunderbird, again!
- Works with Mapquest.
- Works on Firefox 3.
- Support for your search engines.
- Multiple countries
- Multiple map types (Google, Yahoo, etc)
To install double click it or save and drag it to firefox. If you're asked with what 'App' you want to open it, point it to Firefox.
To use it:
- Set your home address on the Options window in the extensions window (or use my address which is there now).
- Select an address to which you want directions.
- Right click that selected text and choose the appropiate menu to get directions to that address.
- As of release 1.1.0 you can now search for the search engines you specify in the upper-right search bar. searchplugins.net or mozilla, for example. As of version 3.1.4 you can also enable or disable these plugins from showing up at the bottom left of the preferences menu. Read more there or try the Navtones search engine for finding sat-navigation voices below
- You can specify options, such as your addresses and map search engines in the perferences pane.
(3.1.5) (3.1.4) Added the option whether to use the search plugins or not. (3.1.3) Works with Thunderbird, again
Fixed the extension for
Removes empty menus that were occasionally popping up
- The Netherlands
- New Zealand
(3.1.2) Works with Firefox 3.1 beta 2 -- no other changes. (3.1.0) Added Mapquest as a map engine (3.0.2) Put valid maximum version for Firefox -- i.e.
(3.0.1) Updated to Firefox 3 (again) (3.0.0) Updated to Firefox 3 (1.1.2) Updated to Thunderbird 2.0 (1.1.1) Added support for generic search engines (1.0.1) Added support for other countries
Added choice of maps: no Google, Yahoo classic, and Yahoo beta. Now directions do not work for Yahoo classic, so it defaults to beta.
(0.9.9999) Ported to 2.0
Grouped menu items together into one popup menu called "GDirections"
Fixed preference window bugs (there were a lot)
(0.9.998) Fixed the extra menu thing so that we have 4 addresses again, and the empty menu is not there anymore (Thanks to Bryan C., Mark T., John L. and everyone for pointing problems out) (0.9.997) Smal bug with addresses seems fixed. (0.9.996) Works on 1.5.0.* now. (0.9.995) "Map to" functionality is working now finally...stupid bug before. (0.9.994) "Map to" functionality is working fine in Thunderbird, but can only store 3 addresses...this is easy, but I can't get to it right now; I will later. (0.9.993) Working on Thunderbird 1.5 now.
Added "Map to" to the context menu that take you directly to the google map rather than then directions; though this isn't working on Thunderbird, yet.
(0.9.992) Small bug preventing preference-saving and loading fixed. (0.9.991) Now you can just get a map for a location, too, rather than directions to it. (0.9.99) It now works for 1.5...