Fun for all
- See some pictures.
- We threw a party.
- A short about a penguin; and one about a dog; one of an egg.
- The sign (another 'movie').
- We also have a wall of pictures.
- Bibs for the marathon.
- We threw another party.
- Another story. This one involves a bird and plastic men.
- A take on Foxtrot
- The lorax as told by URLs.
- A flickr mosaic of Darth Tater (about 20MB) and a smaller one.
Fun for nerds
Here are some projects hosted by:
- APK.java partially parses Android manifest files (more).
- ping is a real-time graph of ping stats.
- record records and merges GPS coordinates into images.
- clip controls your clipboard wirelessly.
- connectn is a connect 4 game with potatoes.
- mouseremote controls Pandora/iTunes with your mouse like iphone headphones.
- timelapse takes time lapse pics + shows them by tilting your macbook w/ AMS.
- explain is a program to ubiquitously view the relevant info for media files.
- fakeisight periodically changes your IM image + message from various places.
- pandora+lastfm adds tracks you up in pandora to your last.fm account.
- jloogle is a language for searching Java code using types, methods, names, etc.
- pandoraboy is a little Java for controlling pandora via pandoraboy.
- limespotapi is a Java interface to limespot.
- ipodfork extends rssipod syncs your iPod with pitchfork's forkcast.
- rssipod is a Java tool to pull your bloglines RSS feeds to your iPod.
- caltunes is a Java tool to show the shows for your iTunes bands + exports to iCal.
- tables is a Java tool to import loose text into tables and analyze it.
- mac alarm is Java alarm system for powerbooks based on its accelerometers.
- amsjava is a tiny Java package to control things by tilting your powerbook.
- darthdodge is a Java powerbook game where darthtater chases spudtroopers.
- tiltunes is a Java tool to control another computer's iTunes by tilting your mac.
- darthacc is some Java to move Darth Tater using mac accelerometers.
- asciiart is some Java to generate ascii art from images: e.g spud + darth.
- keyboard is Java to copy chars to the clipboard in case your keyboard dies.
- cup2html is a Java tool to convert javacup grammars to html.
- darthtunes is a Java Darth Tater itunes controller.
- proteinsound is a Java tool to play protein sequences as songs.
- filkr is a Java tool to view flickr accounts in a file-system-like manner.
- flickluster is a Java tool to view your flickr account as a graph.
- imrandom is Java to send (sort of) random messages to (sort of) random people.
- copytoclipboard is Java to copy large amounts of data to the clipboard.
- bloglinesgo is a bloglines reader for Java phones in the J2ME.
- mobilegcalc is mobile version of gcalc for your Java phone in the J2ME.
- translatater is a French/English flash card program.
- rdiorb is a ruby implementation of the rd.io REST API.
- githubrepl is a command line interface to github (more).
- copy_with_progress copies large files while interactively showing progress.
- easytable is a gem to make dealing with tabular data less painful.
- download_all downloads links on a page according to regexps.
- amazontable imports amazon searches into CSV.
- directions gives driving directions in text form.
- camelcase2underscores converts camel-cased code to underscore-delimited code from files, strings, and URLs.
- parsing is a gem to ease the syntax for parsing tasks (more).
- search uses your search plugins to make open search queries easyier (more).
- unpack generically unpacks files--e.g. tarballs, zips, ext the same way.
- sendposition periodically sends your geo location to help locate it if stolen.
fexpr is floating version of
- insertcopyright inserts a copyright string into any type of source file.
- tweet is a command line twitter client; I'm sure it already exists (more).
- facebookcontacts uses facebook profile images for AddressBook images (more).
- weather is a quick a dirty way to view the forecast. e.g..
rubydoc queries core methods; e.g.
rubydoc IO foreach→ this.
webster are some scripts to access merriam-webster.com from the command line.
- accesses (e.g.) creates a graph of the hits to a website over a period of time.
- google_reader.rb is a Ruby client for Google Reader.
- flashcards generates flashcards for learning a new language for ipods.
- generate generates a boilerplate code for Ruby command line apps.
- toruby generates a Ruby class for processing the forms on a given website.
- create_bookmarklet makes bookmarkleting easier.
- nflschedules is some Ruby to create ICS (i.e. iCal) schedules for the NFL.
- nytimes digest is some Ruby to send you a digest of the New York Times.
- addressbook2html is some Ruby for exporting your Address Book to HTML.
- musicgrep is some Ruby for 'grepping' over your music library for lyrics.
- seemail is some Ruby and Perl to build a stacked graph of your email usage.
- today is some Ruby to print ICS feeds as text.
- loogle is a Ruby command line version of google.
- google_cache is some Ruby to search the google cache.
- search is some Ruby to search your opensearch engines.
- download is some Ruby to grab files from a URL according to regular expressions.
- read is some Ruby to show and open RSS feeds in text format.
- storerss is some Ruby to filter out LimeWire Store RSS feeds by iTunes libraries.
- stock.rb is a little Ruby command line stock-quote-getter (bored at lunch).
- pollstar.rb is some Ruby to show pollstar listings for artists in your itunes library.
- logfiles.rb is some Ruby to create stats from Apache log files.
PHP + sites [top]
- setall sets various statuses (twitter, facebook...) via email.
- mreddit is reddit looking like mobile digg.
- twitterrss is an RSS feed for any twitter account.
- twitterfriends shows friends common with your friends or between any users.
- alpha is a page to create anonymous message from flickr image letters.
- freenyc plots freenyc.net events on a google map.
- inspectorgadget is a little mail system with self-destructing messages.
- potatunes is a page to control my itunes over the interwebs.
- sharethispost is a social network (currently in GM) imposed over craigslist.
- floto is my PHP photo blogging stuff (i.e. the picture to the right).
- s & m is a PHP system for browsing your mail on a phone.
- flickerizer is a site to show your flickr/myspace/del.icio.us accounts as a tree.
- linktree is a site to view a webpage links in a tree-like manner.
- gcalc is a site with a google calculator with a buffer.
- bandlines is a site to collect the schedules of your favorite bands (defunct).
- yourtube is site to show a jukebox of youtube videos based on your iTunes library.
- geo is a site to plot multiple geo rss feeds on a single map.
- kathymaps is a site to annotate google maps (defunct).
- webarchive is a site to make slide shows from the wayback machine.
- grankings is a site to find the google-rank of all the keywords in a web page.
- concertdates is a site to import a city's show dates into ical or other formats.
- googles is a site to to make a google search returning any number of results.
- dloogle is a site to make a search categorized according to del.icio.us.
- translate is a site to show different translations of a word sorted.
- mailrecord is some Perl to record when people read mail messages.
- mail is some Perl to analyze your mail stats.
Google maps mashups (maps.google.com) [top]
- gcalmap maps your google calendar events.
- warnings shows NOAA warnings around the country.
- longestwalk shows/maps a sorted list of the longest walks between streets in NYC.
- glickr shows random, periodic flickr images in your vicinity.
- starbucks maps starbucks in NYC, noting the most isolated store and location.
- joel on maps shows a google map of jobs.joelonsoftware.com.
- gtraffic shows traffic on google maps.
- logs (and an example) plots hits to a website on a google map.
- concert dates around the country from pollstar.com.
- bostonmarathon maps your iTunes playlist along the Boston Marathon.
- maps grabs all the addresses from a page and plot them.
- openmap allows you provide behavior for every click of a google map.
- bands creates a map of a band's tourdates.
- myspace mashup.
- puffintops is my attempt to adopt a Puffin!
- sxsw2006 is a map of the bands of south by southwest 2006.
- jonah shows where I've seen jonah play.
- pool shows exhibitors of the pool trade show.
- ebay pages show the first item ina paginated ebay search (more)
- amazontable views amazon searches as tables.
- newepisodes shows only new episodes for fancast (more).
- measure allows you to easily inspect the position of elements and between elements.
- imageo geocodes images.
- imageo adjusts google map times for slower walkers.
- remove comments hides other peoples' facebook comments.
- searchlinks searches the URLs of a page's links (code, more).
- usecurrentlocation geocodes your google maps experience.
- amazon downloads downloads all tracks on an amazon download page, more...
- roles perform common actions across all sites -- e.g. log in/out, sign up, ...
- sourcelines counts the source code lines of various languages.
- igdirections allows you google-map street addresses on your iPhone.
- notes annotates webpages then creates a url (or tinyurl) of the annotated page.
- diggmenu creates a menu at the top of digg, so you don't have to scroll down.
writing reddit bookmarklets.
- bubbleup groups all facebook friends together at the end of the friend list.
- password lets you have a unique password for every site and only remember one.
- sortle will sort Google image search results by area, width, or height.
- usernamecheck transforms all available links to sign up on usernamecheck.com
- createevent lets you add the current page as a google calendar event.
- redditmenu lets you view your reddit articles more nicely.
- jstranslate translates selected text into various langauges.
- searchbox is a quick way to search a webpage.
- tinyurl mails tinyurled links.
- elfurl sends elfurled links by email easily.
- gmaptopoi converts a google map into a TomTom POI database.
Grouphug (grouphug.us) [top]
- grouphug txt is a desktop version of grouphug mobile.
- grouphug mobile is a thing to txt grouphug hugs from your phone.
- grouphugscreensaver is just that.
- grouphugphp grabs random confessions.
- grouphugdashboardwidget is just that.
- grouphugrss is an rss feed.
- grouphugbot is an IM bot.
- grouphugmac is a mac version of the screen saver (really just an app).
- grouphugspoken speaks confessions.
- grouphug.jar shows random confessions (here's the source ).
- grouphuggooglegadget is just that.
Userscripts ( greasemonkey.mozdev.org) [top]
- redditimagebox.user.js opens reddit image links in a light box (more).
- tabtab.user.js go to the 1st input by holding down TAB + another key (more).
- rdio-amazon.user.js links non-streaming rd.io albums to amazon (more). feedly-nextprev.user.js lets you navigate feedly with the arrow keys (more).
- readertoc.user.js adds a table of contents to google reader (more).
- fbphotoalbum.user.js displays facebook album thumbnails full size (more).
- bitlymail adds a mail link to bilty link pages (more).
- ycombinatorcolor colorizes ycombinator articles by score, i.e. redditcolor.
- njtransit.user.js allows you to bookmark your njtransit perferences (more).
- wikipedia.user.js removes wikipedia pleas (more).
- pageup.user.js allows you to page up/down with the left/right arrows (more).
- googleplus.user.js goes to google's first hit when ons adds a + to the end(more).
- audibledownload.user.js downloads all your Audible subs in one click (more).
- geemail.user.js fills in HTML forms with a site-specific email address (more).
- noarefriends.user.js filters out annoying facebook status (more).
- bloglines lets you navigate the articles of a feed with the keyboard (more).
- newtab open links in new tabs when you double click them.
- scrollundo keeps a history of scroll positions so you can 'undo' and 'redo' scrolls.
- upanddownpage lets you use one hand for page up and page down (more).
- facebookmore loads older posts, so you don't have to click the link at the bottom.
- facebookpager adds a paginator to the bottom of a facebook photo page.
- redditcomments scrolls through reddit comments inline, under the posts.
- redditmore asynchronously loads next pages, so you don't have to click.
- nytimesbar removes that stupid bar from the top of nytimes.com.
- gmailcal integrates your google calendar with gmail.
- reddittitles carries reddit titles over to context-free links -- e.g from imgur.com.
- googlist carries a history-menu of your google searches.
- showemails shows craigslist contact info without viewing the posting.
- twittertime shows actual twitter post times instead of abouts.
- twitterhover shows full twitter user information in popups.
- flickrgeo adds google maps to flickr photo pages.
- customreddit excludes undesired domains from reddit results.
- mycraigslist lets you save and manage a list of craigslist postings.
- redditcolor colorizes reddit articles according to score.
- weather forwards weather.com to your local zipcode.
- redditpreview shows image previews under the image entries.
- fullimage provides direct links to full images on google image searches.
- nodiggbar removes the digg bar from web pages.
- select selects all, selects none, or toggles all the checkboxes on a page.
- searchlinks highlights all links matching a given regular expression.
- craigtrack highlights craigslist listings to which you've already mailed.
- facebooklogin logs you into facebook if you have saved your login info.
- meetoogle searches meetup.com whenever you search the goog.
- preview collects selected links into a left pane for fast previewing.
- popimage opens image links in modal dialogs rather than new windows.
- annotate allows you to annotate web pages with message boxes.
- usernamechecked allows you to select the sites to check with usernamecheck.com.
- twominutewarnings emails you at certain parts of sporting events.
- craigpreview adds previews to craigslist links when hovering over them.
- craigmails adds quick links (such as mail) to craigslist postings.
- favicons shows the favicons of sites on reddit.
- skipads skips ads in New York Times articles.
- scrollagain automatically scrolls to a givenposition on page loads.
- overheardinnewyork IMs posts directly from overheardinnewyork.com.
- bloglinesfilter will filter out bloglines posts with 0 articles.
- redditfilter will filter out reddit articles you don't want to read.
- craigmail will mail multiple people on craigslist.
- createyourownsalad tallies the price of your seamlessweb salad.
- seamlessweb shows inlined descriptions of items for seamlessweb.
- gwiki inserts google links for wikipedia entries without articles.
- gzoom lets you easily zoom beyond the normal google map limits.
- imagereddit let you preview reddit articles that are just images.
- tability allows you to view any HTML table as a graph or CSV.
- noteit adds notes to any webpage to view whenever you visit that page.
- youtubed displays how many times you've viewed a YouTube video.
- craigsort sorts craigslist listings by price.
- gtaxi estimates the cab fare of google map routes in NYC.
- sortit sorts reddit articles by points/date/comments.
- openall opens all (or some) reddits articles in new tabs.
- diggcloud creates clouds of digg articles proportional to points.
- reddittags creates clouds of reddit articles proportional to points.
- missingimages finds dead links in google images.
- imagepreview: preview images linked to a page.
- craigslistinline displays a preview of craigslist listings' images.
- changeimage changes an image to another image by searching flickr.
- redditinline opens any link inline rather than in new windows.
IPhone stuff [top]
- resumep3 resumes a track from itunes to your iphone without manually seeking.
- findme is a page to send your location to another iphone.
- multitimer is a timer with up to 5 soft alarms that vibrate but don't stop timing.
- iphonealarm is an alarm system for your iPhone; similar to macalarm.
- directionpointer involves the accelerometer and darth tater right now.
- gethuman searches gethuman.com when calling to tell you how to get a human.
- shopvale is an iphone shopping catalog for the designers, Vale Jewelry.
- tippstr qualitatively calculates tips by rating aspects of service.
Google gadgets [top]
- tuxquote is a Google Gadget for finding stock quotes.
- polltrooper is a Google Gadget showing concert dates for an artist or city via spud.
Firefox addons (addons.mozilla.org) [top]
- gdirections is a Firefox add-on to to select an address and google-map it.
- urlu.ms helps share links.
- imageofirefox allows you to click an image and geocode it.
- searchanother allows you to carry over you search from one page to another.
- closethesearchbox adds the Control+F shortcut to close the finder box on the bottom left.
Chrome extensions (chrome.google.com/extension) [top]
- synonyms allows you to quickly look up and replace selected words with synonyms.
- chromelines is a bloglines notifier.
- chromedirections allows you to select an address and google-map it.
s (www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard) [top]
Mac stuff [top]
Python stuff [top]
Facebook stuff [top]
- fbgrowl is growl integration for facebook chat.
- facebookstats is a portal to view some stats on your facebook contacts (e.g.).
- facebookfriends shows the number/% of your friends in common with your others'.
Fun for some
- Find how many days since...
- The bands of south by southwest 2006.
- An aquarium screen saver that features my roomates and I as the fish.
- Some cereal boxes...
- Want to speak Hmoob?
- A bright eyes song.
- Need a pick me up?
- Searching for Alkaline Trio Lyrics.
- Help Free Martha Stewart.
- I took a picture of a goat.
- I have stuffed eagle -- his name is R.J. Buckles -- he has a homepage.